In order to conduct thorough veterinary exams, the right veterinary medical equipment is critical. The right vet supplies play a large part in ensuring that the correct diagnosis is made and that the animal is properly treated. Here are Jorgensen Labs, we stock high-quality veterinarian supplies so your vet clinic can run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. If you are looking into opening your own veterinarian office, here is a list of the basic equipment you will need.
Here is a list of what you need in the exam room:
- Tables- Your exam table needs to be sturdy and large enough to fit your patients. There are several types of features from which you can choose including mobility options.
- Stools- You will be spending a lot of time on your stool, so make sure it is comfortable and easy to maneuver.
- Lights- Good lighting is critical, especially in the exam room.
- Carts- You need a quality and versatile cart to hold your equipment and laptop.
- Cabinets and shelving- You will need these items to stay organized.
Here is a partial list of high-quality tools you will need for your new vet clinic:
- Stethoscopes- You want one that is comfortable as well as high in quality.
- Thermometers- It is important you have accurate thermometers.
- Ophthalmoscopes- This is needed to carry our eye examinations on your patients.
- Penlights- Penlights are necessary to better view a specific area, like inside the mouth.
- Dopplers- Dopplers are used to obtain accurate blood pressure measurements during routine checkups.
- Imaging Systems- Imaging systems increase visibility and are helpful in spotting issues that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Otoscopes- Otoscopes are used to carry out accurate ear examinations.
- Binocular Loupes- Binocular loupes provide magnification which enables vets to see better. They also keep you more comfortable as it prevents you from having to hunch over a patient to see properly.
Now, this is just a partial list of what you will need if you plan on opening your own vet clinic. Each vet clinic is unique in what services they provide and what type of veterinarian supplies they will need. But whatever type of vet supplies you need, it will likely be found here.